The Illinois Association of Free & Charitable Clinics improves access to quality healthcare for low-income individuals who are uninsured or underinsured.
The IAFCC does this by:
- Strengthening free and charitable clinics’ ability to provide services, develop resources, and engage stakeholders
- Fostering partnerships to advance the overall capacity, quality, effectiveness, sustainability and affordability of the state healthcare safety net;
- Educating the public to increase awareness regarding free and charitable clinics’ favorable impact on community wellness, healthcare costs, quality and access;
- Advocating for health policy and financing mechanisms that advance access to quality, affordable health services for economically disadvantaged individuals;
- Being a resource for informational and educational events; and
- Offering volunteer opportunities for anyone interested in supporting the IAFCC mission.