In November 0f 2015, our Association conducted Illinois’ first-ever annual Free and Charitable Clinics Week, because we want everyone else to know that #TheNeedContinues!
Our clinics are the safety net for the health care system in Illinois. Medically underserved residents can access care at free and charitable clinics throughout the state. We thank the hundreds of volunteer healthcare professionals who generously provide their time and expertise to sustain our doctors “within” borders efforts.
The Illinois Senate passed a resolution recognizing the work of free and charitable clinics, dozens of events were held statewide, and community members learned more about the services we provide.
Special thanks to our amazing Clinics Week Committee (all of whom hosted events!)
- Shawn West, Will Grundy Medical Clinic
- Katie Magerko, Avicenna Community Clinic
- Laura Starr, CommunityHealth
- Zoe Warner, Hermes & Champaign County Christian Health Center
- Tedd Peso, The Night Ministry
Thank you for all that you do, always!