Free and Charitable Clinic Day 2019
Thank you to everyone who joined us in Springfield on March 20 for Free and Charitable Clinics Day!
The members of the IAFCC Advocacy and Policy Committee worked hard to make this first-ever sector-wide advocacy day a reality. Our goal was to let our legislators know that free and charitable clinics provide quality, critical medical care for a growing number of uninsured Illinois residents.
We started our day at the Illinois State Museum getting to know each other, answering questions and preparing our plan of action.
We spent the day….
- Meeting with legislators and their staff
- Dropping off information about our clinics and our sector
- Attending hearings on bills that may have had an impact on our clinics
- Meeting and thanking the staff of the Illinois Attorney General’s Office for the Access to Medication Award
- Proudly sporting our nifty “Ask Me about Free and Charitable Clinics” pins
- Finding our way around a very very busy day in the State Capitol!
We ended the day….
- With a short list of legislators who we’ll continue to dialogue with about our policy agenda
- Feeling more confident about sharing the great work of our clinics
- Understanding that a conversation with a legislator with whom we have a relationship is far different than a legislator we are meeting for the first time
- Ready to continue to reach out to our legislators and invite them to tour our clinics
- Ready to prepare for Free and Charitable Clinics Month in August!
Questions about building relationships or advancing policies with your legislators? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.